Saturday, November 24, 2012

I found this alphabet panel at Hearts and Hands Quilt Shop, and thought of the two youngest little girls in our family.  Sophia is Bill's Great Granddaughter, lives in Massachusetts, she is 1 year and 8 months. She will receive this at Christmas from me and her Papa.
I made it into a growth chart, thus the hanger that reads "I'm This Big".  Her name was  made using the letters from AccuQuilt Go die fabric cutting system. I appliqued it to the top.  The large yellow rectangle at the bottom says "Now I've said my ABC's tell  me what you think of me'.  I wanted to add a fabric tape measure, but couldn't find one to buy so I had to make one out of Twill tape, used the 9mm sewing stitch width of my Bernina 830 machine to make the numbers.
I am going to make one for Leona as well. She will be two this December 2nd, and is growing like a weed.  I am really thankful for the age of technology we live in so that I can use Skype to have video conference calls with family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment