1 rectangle towel.
Cut a 9" strip off of one of the short sides of the towel, you will use it to make the pocket.
9" wof (width of fabric) strip of fun colorful fabric
2 1/2" strip of solid colored fabric for the ties, but you could use 1- 2"wide grosgrain ribbon ( you will need about 54".
1. hem the ruffle strip to get rid of raw edges
2. gather the fabric at the top edge only
3. attach it to one of the short edges of the towel.
and lay its right side to the apron's wrong side.
5. now you will sew a 3/8" seam
6. press the seam towards the apron
7. bring the newly formed bottom to the front of
the apron, you should have the right side of the
cut section on top of your apron now
8. pinning the cut pocket area to the apron sew
along both sides and the bottom (hint- sewing across
the bottom will enclose the raw edges of the 3/8"
9. find the center of your pocket- draw a line
with an air erase or water erase fabric marker
from the top of the pocket to the bottom, turn
the apron and sew back up to reinforce the seam.
10. attach the strip of grosgrain ribbon to the
apron, making sure you have the ties equal in
The Christmas apron shown here is done with a very light gathering and no pocket.
If you enjoy this please pass it on and let me know. The more the merrier. Happy Sewing !