Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Final project of 2011 is

Sushi #2 of 10

This is a great way to use up the large scrap stash after doing a 9degree round quilt. My neighbor saw my Sushi 1 hanging on my wall, and said " I will commission you to make me one just like it, only in my colors. I will pay you.  It is a work of art."  this is the photo hanging in his home.  He and his wife are Butterfly and Bird watchers, he had these two copper figurines and hung them on the piece.  You can click on the photo for a close up (I think).


And so I set forth, first I had to cut the quilt fabric for a full sized round table with the 9degree ruler following the instructions from the book- Quilts without Corners.  Then the masterpiece begins and 40+ hrs later it ends.  I love doing Sushi and will make 8 more of them.

1 comment: